Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
1.5 hours + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Place a circular canvas onto A4 paper, draw around the outside then cut out the circle. Draw a tree on the paper circle. Start by drawing the tree trunk then add some curled branches with heart-shaped leaves.
- Mix a dark burgundy colour for the background with red, purple and a small amount of black paint or use another colour if you prefer. Dark colours work best as a background for gold tree. Brush the paint over the background and around the edges then leave it to dry.
- Turn the tree drawing over, scribble on the back with a pale coloured pencil then turn the paper back over. Place the drawing over the painted canvas then draw over the outline with a pencil to transfer the tree design onto the canvas.
- Use a thin brush to fill in the tree with gold paint. Start by painting the trunk, branches and roots. Paint small lines along the branches then add the heart shapes leaves. Leave to dry.
- Use a finger sponge dabber to lightly apply gold paint around the edge of the canvas. Leave to dry.
It’s easier to paint the gold tree with your hand at the same level as the canvas. Rest your hand on a book or a shallow box to raise your hand 2-3cm.