Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a rectangle of white card and stick it to the front of a natural sketchbook. Spell out the name or message of your choice in self-adhesive letter stickers, or hand-write in coloured pen. Decorate further as desired.
- Open the notebook to the first page. Using the picture as a guide, draw on equally-spaced vertical lines with a ruler and black felt-pen. Then, do the same across the page with vertical lines to form a grid, as shown.
- In the top left box place an X sticker. This will be used as a multiplication sign. Then, stick a number 1 in the box across from it, followed by a number two, until the top row of your grid is complete, as shown.
- Do the same for the first column of your grid by sticking a number 1 in the box beneath the X, followed by a number 2, until you have completed the column.
- To decorate further, try encouraging children to write ‘my times tables’ or ‘my sums’ or another relevant sentence on a piece of card and sticking it to the bottom of the page. You could also try writing the date on a strip of card and sticking it to the bottom of the page if you’d like to use the multiplication book to document their process.
- Now, children can hand-write or use stickers to put the correct answers to the sums they’ve created in the grid.
Try drawing the grids with pencil first then going over them with pen when you're happy with them