Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using an electric whisk or wooden spoon mix together the butter and icing sugar. Then mix in the milk, vanilla extract and flour.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with flour and then roll out the dough. Then take your ruler and measure and cut out a 11cm x 3cm rectangle using a knife for your first biscuit. Then measure and cut out 10cm x 3cm, 9cm x 3cm, 8cm x 3cm, 7cm x 3cm, 6cm x 3cm and lastly a 5cm x 3cm rectangle.
- Place the rectangle shaped dough on to a buttered baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Divide your fondant icing into 7 pieces. Roll each piece of icing out and apply a small amount of each coloured food colouring to each bit. Then use your hands to spread the colour evenly into the fondant icing.
- Once all the colours are nicely mixed in, roll each colour of fondant out and cut out a rectangle shape depending on the size of the biscuit.
- Then stick the fondant onto the biscuit. Next roll some white fondant into small balls and place 2 at either end of each rectangle.
- To make the Xylophone’s beaters, take some white fondant icing, roll it into a ball and then place on the end of the 2 wooden skewers
*These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.*
Trying making other musical instruments using the same steps!