Intermediate. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using scissors cut small rectangle shapes from the tops of the kitchen towel cores to make the turrets.
- Mix white, brown and yellow paint together to make a brick colour for Windsor castle. Paint both kitchen towel cores and leave to dry.
- Download the template for the middle of the castle and print out. Use the template to cut the shapes from white card. Fold the tabs on the two pieces that have tabs.
- Using the same brick colour used on the kitchen towel cores, paint the pieces of card. Leave to dry.
- Using scissors cut out small rectangle shapes from the tops of the card pieces the same as the tops of the kitchen towel cores.
- Take one of the pieces without tabs to use as the front of the castle. Using a thick black pen draw on windows, a door and general castle details. Leave to dry.
- Assemble the middle of the castle by gluing the pieces of card together using the tabs to make a cuboid with an open top.
- Next, glue the two kitchen towel cores to the sides of the castle using a glue stick or PVA glue. Hold in place for 1-2 minutes then leave to dry.
- Take 2 wooden people. Using Acrylic Paint decorate the people to create a Prince Harry wooden doll and a Meghan wooden doll. Paint the head, hair and clothes using paint and leave to dry.
- Add a face using a thin black pen.
- Take a round canvas and paint using dark green acrylic paint. Leave to dry. Add another coat and leave to dry.
- Attach the castle and the wooden people to the canvas using PVA glue. Leave to dry.
Instead of a round canvas you could use a round circle cut out of green foam stuck to card.