Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- First print the watermelon template onto coloured card or draw your own design with pencil.
- Mix up a few colours of paint (red, white, and green) in separate bowls using the recipe below: Start with 1 cup plain flour, Add 1 cup of PVA glue, Squirt 1 ½ cup shaving cream into a bowl and mix them all together to create white puffy paint then separate the mixture into bowls and add a generous squirt of paint for each colour.
- Then transfer this paint into icing bags or you can use a paintbrush if you prefer.
- Snip the corner of the bag and trace the top of the watermelon with green puffy paint.
- Then outline the rest with red puffy paint, when you have an outline fill in your watermelon.
- Paint a line of white puffy paint on top, between the green and red puffy paint.
- Cut out seeds from black card and stick these onto your watermelon.
- Allow to dry overnight before moving.
If your mixture is too runny add more flour.