Beginner. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Add approximately eight tablespoons of PVA glue to the mixing bowl. Then add about half the amount of shaving foam and mix together.
- Add a drop of red food colouring to the mixture and mix together. Add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix again until smooth.
- Add about one tablespoon of contact lens solution to the mixture and mix together with the spoon. It should start to feel sticky. Continue adding small amounts of contact lens solution to the bowl until the mixture has completely stuck together.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it, adding more contact lens solution until it is no longer sticky.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to make blue slime, with blue food colouring, and white slime, with no food colouring.
- Stretch each piece of slime and lay them out onto a flat surface next to each other. Fold them around each other a few times so that they are stuck together but the colours are still defined.
- Try not to twist the slime too much otherwise the colour will start to blend together.
To help your slime last longer, store it in an airtight jar or container.