Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
20-30 mins to prep and bake. 40-50 minutes to cool and decorate.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk or wooden spoon.
- Put the rest of the cake ingredients into the bowl and then mix with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake cases in a cupcake tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on cooling tray for 20-30 minutes.
- Create the unicorn horns using some ready rolled icing. Cut in to 2cm strips and then roll 2 strips diagonally. Pop these to the side and let them set.
- Mix together the icing sugar and water together until you get a thick yet runny consistency. Spoon your icing on to the top of your cupcakes and then add your coloured sprinkles.
- Next, place your unicorn horn onto the centre of the top of your cupcake. Repeat this for all the cupcakes.
*These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.*
When adding your sprinkles you can either, place them onto a plate and turn the cake upside down and then dunk to decorate or if you find it easier, use a teaspoon to spoon on the sprinkles over the icing. Ensure you place a clean tray or plate underneath to catch the unused sprinkles.