Time to Make
1-2 hours plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint 4 wooden people and the book with white acrylic paint and allow to dry. (Leave the book open to dry to avoid sticking.)
- Paint the front of the book blue.
- Cut tiny slivers of yellow paper, pieces of brown paper about 1-2cm wide, and some small orange rectangles. Apply some Super Tacky Glue to a piece of white paper and stick on these pieces in small sections to make straw, sticks and a brick effect. Once dry. Cut out the sections to make three small houses, roughly 3cms by 3cms.
- Stick the houses to the front cover of the book and add a small black rectangle to each for the door.
- Use self-adhesive letters to write the story name ‘The Three Little Pigs’.
- Paint the pigs with pink paint and allow to dry.
- Cut out 3 pink oval shapes about 1.5cm by 1cm. Stick to the pigs face and then draw on the eyes and nostrils with a black deco pen.
- Cut 12 small triangles about 1.5cm long and 1cm wide and to make 6 pigs ears. Stick them back-to-back leaving a small amount of sticky felt free to stick to the pig heads. Use extra glue if required.
- Decorate the wolf accordingly.
To make the storytelling experience even better, make props to go with the story from coloured paper or felt.