Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Firstly, measure and cut out 2 pieces of card 15cm by 15cm (1 green and 1 purple) and 2 pieces of card 15cm by 13cm (both blue).
- Then print and cut out the templates.
- Draw around the templates onto cardboard using a pencil.
- Cover the cardboard with super tacky glue. Make sure the glue isn’t too thick as you won’t be able to see your design underneath.
- Follow the lines of your drawing with the string. You can also add eyes and a smile.
- Allow the glue to dry and then cut around the string design.
- Squirt a blob of paint into a tray. Roll one of your rollers into the paint, until the roller is covered in the ink.
- Roll the paint onto the string design until it is completely covered.
- Place your string design face down in the centre of the card. Use the clean roller to roll onto the back – this applies pressure to create the print. Peel the string design off the card and leave the print to dry.
- Repeat for each design. (The crab and starfish should be printed on the smaller sized rectangle cut outs)
- When the prints are dry, stick the prints to an A3 piece of card leaving a boarder around the prints.
- Lastly, cut of the excess card but leave a border.
If you get paint on the carboard you can always wipe it off with some tissue to make your print neater.