Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the template cut out the rectangle (length of A4 by 3cm) from green card and wings from white card.
- Fold the green strip in half.
- Find the middle of the folded edge, then fold each corner of the folded edge inwards to create triangular folds.
- Unfold the strip and invert the side triangles inwards.
- Next, fold the top layer of the green rectangle backwards. The template shows where the folds should be.
- Open the rectangle and sketch your design using a pencil. Make sure the bees head is drawn on the top layer that is folded backwards.
- Colour in your design with a black and yellow deco pen.
- Stick two wiggle eyes to the honeybee’s head.
- For the wings, draw an abstract pattern using a black fine liner.
- Using a jumbo glue stick, stick the longer wings onto top the left and right triangular folds and the smaller wings to the bottom left and right triangular folds. Make sure the wings fit within the folds of the triangles otherwise the craft won’t open and close.
- Using super tacky glue, stick a craft stick at the top and bottom of the back of the craft.
- Wait for the glue to dry and then have fun playing with this interactive honeybee craft.
You can draw your own insect designs but make sure the wings fit into the folded triangular shapes, so the craft opens and closes.