Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cover the cardboard tube with double-sided tape.
- Choose 2 or 3 balls of coloured wool to wrap around the cardboard tube.
- Stick all 3 ends of wool to the cardboard tube and wrap the wool around until the cardboard tube is completely covered. Make sure to secure the ends of the wool by tying or sticking the remaining ends down.
- Use the template to cut out the wings or draw your own wing design.
- Stick the wings to either side of the cardboard tube.
- Stick the wiggle eyes on the front of the insect.
- For the antennas, cut a pipe cleaner in half. Then fold the pipe cleaner in half and curl each end outwards.
- Make a hole in the top of the cardboard tube, above the eyes, using a pencil.
- Lastly, place a blob of super tacky glue around the small hole and slot your antennas in the hole. You may have to hold the antennas in place for a few minutes.
Wrap a few colours of wool around the cardboard tube at the same time to make the wrapping process quicker.