Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Firstly, draw and cut out 6 circles from white card, you can trace around the bottom of the salad spinner to make sure the circle is small enough to fit inside the salad spinner.
- Using a glue dot temporarily stick one of the white circles inside the salad spinner.
- Squirt various autumnal colours of acrylic paint onto the white circle and then secure the lid on top and spin the handle.
- When you remove the lid, you will be left with an abstract design on the white circle.
- When the paint is dry, using the template cut out various leaf shapes.
- Then, outline the leaf shapes with woodland deco pens.
- Cut 5 strands of jute twine the same length and 1 strand slightly longer.
- Begin by taping a leaf to one of the jute twines, then thread 3 beads onto the twine. Tie a knot underneath so that the beads do not slide down. Repeat and stick another leaf onto the same strand and thread 3 more beads.
- For each strand alternate the pattern of leaf and beads.
- Tie each strand to a stick.
- Then tie the long strand to each end of the stick so it can be hung.
Alternate the pattern of the leaves and beads on each strand of jute twine so that the leaves fall together nicely when hung.