Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of black paper and cut it so that it fits in the jar and covers about half of it.
- Take the paper back out of the jar and cover it in small silver star stickers. Then place it back into the jar, making sure it is tucked in right at the back.
- Cut three small circles out of various colours of self-adhesive foam. Then cut identical circles to match these.
- Decorate the planets by either adding rings or using coloured pens.
- Cut a piece of thread that matches the colour of one of the planets, then peel off the backing of the foam and stick the end of the thread to it. Then stick the matching circle onto the other side.
- Repeat step 5 with the other foam circles.
- Take the lid of the jar and turn it upside down. Use tape the stick the ends of the thread to the top of the inside of the lid.
- Place the lid back onto the jar so that the foam planets hang in front of the starry black background.
The bigger your jar the more planets you can add to it.