Medium - Hard
Time to Make
1.5 hours + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Choose a box big enough to wear and a smaller box for the bonnet.
- Stick the smaller box onto the front of the large one using a glue gun.
- Open the top and bottom of the main box cut off all the bottom flaps fold in the two short ends of the top and cut off the two long edges.
- Stick a cardboard roll to the inside of each corner to stop it collapsing.
- Cut an arch on each side for your arms and to shape the sides of the car. Add wing mirrors.
- Paint the whole box red and let dry.
- While this is drying cut out a spoiler out of cardboard to fit your box and paint this black
- When dry stick the spoiler to the back of the car.
- Print out the templates and stick these onto the sides and bonnet of your car.
- Take 4 black plates and stick smaller plates on the insides then stick these to your car as wheels
- Cut out strips of shiny card about an inch wide and stick onto a sheet of a4 black card then fix this to the front of your car as a grill.
- Next take two small plates and use a jam tart case or a circle of mirror card for each headlight, stick these on the front.
- For the windscreen use two sheets of mirror card and add a boarder roll edge to them.
- Make two windscreen wipers out of painted cardboard.
- for the exhausts take a cardboard roll and stick a strip of mirror card around it then stick to the back of the car.
- cut the wavy edge off the boarder roll and fix this to the front and back of the car in such a way that it goes over your shoulders to hold the car up.
When sticking the wheels on you may want to cut a circle of cardboard to place behind each wheel to strengthen them so your plates don’t become squashed.