Easy, adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a large purple paper plate in half so you are left with two pieces identical in size.
- Take a black pipe cleaner, fold it in half and then slightly bend the ends down to create two legs. Repeat this step with three more black pipe cleaners.
- Take one of the paper plate halves and with the white side facing up, stick a row of glue dots around the inside edges of the spiders body, where the legs will go. Stick two pipe cleaners onto each side, so you are left with eight legs in total.
- Cut a length of black ribbon approximately 50cm long. Stick a glue dot to each corner of the paper plate and then stick down the ends of the ribbon to create a handle.
- Apply a thin line of super tacky glue all the way along the curved edge of the plate. Take the second paper plate half and with the purple side now facing up, line this up with the bottom half and stick both together. Leave to dry.
- To create the spider’s face, draw on a line for the mouth using a thick black pen, cut out two triangles from white card for the fangs and stick down two jumbo wiggle-eyes.
Once you have stuck the two plate halves together with glue, place some pegs around the edges to hold the pieces together whilst they dry.