Time to Make
30 Minutes (Plus drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Clean your pumpkin with soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Use a sponge paint dabber to cover the pumpkin in white acrylic paint. You may need a few coats to cover the pumpkin evenly. Allow to dry.
- Use a sponge paint dabber to cover the pumpkin in green acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Use a sponge paint dabber to cover the pumpkin in green pearlized acrylic paint. It’s alright if it’s a bit patchy as this adds to the effect! Allow to dry.
- Stick on two Jumbo Wiggle Eyes. To stick well to the pumpkin’s surface, use some extra glue.
- For the witch’s wart, colour in a wiggle eye with a purple deco pen and when dry to the touch stick it to the pumpkin’s cheek with some glue.
- For the witch’s teeth, cut some small rectangles from a polystyrene sheet and stick them on in a row using the glue. Alternatively, you can use pieces of white card for your teeth.
- For the witch’s hat, download the witch’s hat template and cut out the shapes. Draw around the shapes onto some felt and cut them out with scissors.
- Make a cross in the middle of the felt circle. You can do this by folding the circle in half and snipping a slit in the middle with your scissors, then folding it in half along that snip line and snipping another slit, as indicated on the template.
- Place some double-sided tape to one of the straight edges of the fan-shaped felt piece. Remove the backing from the tape and stick the other straight edge to the sticky tape to make a cone shape.
- Stick the cone-shape felt piece through the slits you made in the circle-shape felt piece to finish your hat.
- Place the hat over the pumpkin stalk. You can use double-sided tape to stick it down more securely.
Make sure the paint dries thoroughly before adding your next layer.