Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print the template and cut out with scissors, then trace around the shapes on your colour choices of card.
- Use a hole punch to make holes as indicated on the template, then fold the tab as indicated by the dotted line.
- Apply glue to the tab, roll the template to make a cone shape and join the edges together with the tab. Then, snip the tip of the cone off with scissors (roughly 1.5cms).
- Apply glue to the mermaid tail and sprinkle with glitter in a matching colour. When dry, apply a dab of glue to the front, insert the tail into the top of the hat and press it against the front to secure. Allow to dry.
- Cut 50cms of white elastic, thread one end through one of the holes and tie in a knot, then repeat with the other end in the other hole.
- Dip the base of a craft shell into some Super Tacky Glue and stick to the base of the hat. Continue all the way around with craft shells and allow to dry.
Line the bottom of the hat up well when sticking the tab.