Time to Make
2 hours plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint 4 wooden people and the book with white acrylic paint and allow to dry. (Leave the book open to dry to avoid sticking.)
- Paint the front of the book blue and the edges brown.
- Cut out 28 leaves from the green self-adhesive felt measuring about 3cms long and 1.5cms wide. Decorate the border of the front cover with the leaves.
- With a pencil, lightly write the words of the book title ‘Little Red Riding Hood’. We used letters 2cms high and stacked. When you are happy with the word positions, use a thin paintbrush to write over the pencil in red paint.
- Paint the front of the Red Riding Hood figure yellow. Then, paint a skin-colour circle above for Red Riding Hood’s face and paint the rest of wooden figure in red. Allow to dry.
- Draw Red Riding Hood’s eyes and mouth with a black deco pen.
- Make a small bow with red wool and stick it to the front of Red Riding Hood with the Super Tacky Glue.
- Decorate the other story characters accordingly.
To make the storytelling experience even better, make props to go with the story from coloured paper, card or felt.