Time to Make
1 hour + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- To prevent paint seeping through to the other side of the bag, place a piece of cardboard inside the bag before painting.
- Use the cutting tool to cut around the edge of a lino sheet approximately 1cm away from the edge.
- Cut across the sheet of lino, splitting the rectangle into three sections.
- Decorate each of these sections with lines, zig zags and other patterns.
- Once you are happy with your design, put some white printing ink or paint into a tray and roll the ink roller through it a few times.
- Use the roller to cover your lino design in white printing ink, then push the lino onto the centre of a purple coloured bag.
- Hold the lino print in place for a few seconds, pushing on each corner and edge, then carefully pull it away revealing your design on the bag. Leave to dry overnight.
Be careful when cutting the lino as the tool is sharp. Warm lino is much easier to cut your design into. Try using a hairdryer to heat the surface before cutting as it will offer less resistance.