Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the template onto a sheet of pink pastel paper (or any other colour of your choice).
- Take a sheet of polystyrene and put a strip of double-sided tape onto each edge. Peel off the backing and place another sheet of polystyrene on top.
- Repeat step 2 so that you now have three polystyrene sheets stuck together. Then use the same technique to stick the template on top.
- Press the sequin pins into the polystyrene at even points around the template, making sure there is a pin in each corner. The pin should be about two thirds of the way in, so there is enough room left to wrap the wool around it. Be careful when using the pins – ask an adult for some help if you need to.
- Take some blue wool (or another colour of your choice) and tie a knot around one of the pins, making sure you leave about 2-3 inches of wool at the end, as you will need this later.
- Wrap the wool around each pin, making sure it crosses over the letter in different directions. Try to make sure each pin has been used at least once.
- Wrap the wool around the outside of the design all the way around, then take it back to the pin you started with and tie a knot with the end of the wool that you left. Trim the ends of the wool to finish your design.
Try not to pull the string too tight, as you might pull the pins out of the backing.