Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a piece of white card and cut out the lolly from the middle so that you just have a lolly shaped hole in the centre of the card.
- Now cut out strips of coloured paper roughly 2 cm wide
- Fold each of these in half along the long edge
- Now turn the card to the reverse side and stick one strip with the folded edge in over the cut out. You only want these strips to overlap by a small amount so that you can only see the folded edge.
- Continue layering these over each other moving forward and round into a spiral.
- When you only have a small space left in the middle stick the last one completely covering the hole.
- Now stick another sheet of card over the back to sandwich the messy part in
- Using the template again cut out the lolly shape so that the boarder around the iris folding is also lolly shaped.
- Add a ribbon to hang.
Stick each one down with masking tape.
Experiment with taking the paper in different directions to create different patterns.