Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the ice cream template onto a sheet of purple pastel paper.
- Take a polystyrene sheet and place a piece of double sided tape onto each edge of the sheet. Peel off the backing and place another polystyrene sheet on top to stick them together.
- Repeat step 2 so that you now have three polystyrene sheets stuck together. Then use the same technique to stick the ice cream template on top.
- Press the pins into the polystyrene at even points around the ice cream template, making sure there is a pin in every point/corner. The pins should be pushed about two thirds of the way in, so there is enough room left to wrap the string around it. Be careful when using the pins – ask an adult for some help if you need to.
- Take some white embroidery wool and tie a knot around one of the pins in the ice cream section of the design. Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches of thread at the end, as you will need this later.
- Wrap the wool around each pin in this section, making sure it crosses over the ice cream in different directions. Try to make sure each pin has been used at least once.
- Wrap the wool around the outside of the ice cream section, then take it back to the pin you started with and tie a knot with the end of the thread that you left.
- Repeat steps 5-7 using yellow wool in the cone section.
- Repeat steps 5-7 using red wool in the cherry section.
- Take a piece of green thread a tie it around one of the pins in the cherry stalk section. Wrap it around the two pins a couple of times and then tie the ends together.
- Trim the ends of the wool to finish.
Try not to pull the string too tight, as you might pull the pins out of the backing.