Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a paper plate and turn it upside down so the blank side is showing. Mix some brown, white and yellow paint together to get a beige colour, then cover the paper plate in this paint. Leave to dry and then add another coat if needed.
- Trim the plate into a soft heart shape, cutting about two inches off from the top.
- With the piece that you trimmed off, cut out two ear shapes. Then cut out two inner ear shapes from a sheet of light pink paper and stick them on with double sided tape.
- Hold the mask up to your face and make note of where your eyes are, then cut out the two eye holes.
- Cut out an oval shape from a sheet of dark brown paper and stick it to the bottom of the mask to make the hedgehog’s nose. Then stick the two ears to the top of the mask using double sided tape.
- Take a sheet of dark brown card and hold the paper plate mask over it as a guide. Then use a pencil to draw a hedgehog spike shape that is slightly wider than the mask and about 2-3 inches taller.
- Cut out the shape that you drew in step 6, making sure you also cut out where the middle section so it doesn’t cover the eye holes in the mask. Then attach it to the back of the mask using double sided tape.
- Carefully cut two holes either side of the mask and tie a piece of black elastic to them in a double knot.
Measure the elastic around your head before attaching it to the mask to make sure it will fit your head comfortably.