Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the heart template onto a sheet of yellow pastel paper.
- Take a polystyrene sheet and place a piece of double-sided tape onto each edge of the sheet. Peel off the backing and place another polystyrene sheet on top to stick them together.
- Repeat step 2 so that you now have three polystyrene sheets stuck together. Then use the same technique to stick the heart template on top.
- Press the pins into the polystyrene at even points around the template, making sure there is a pin in both points. The pins should be pushed about two thirds of the way in, so there is enough room left to wrap the wool around it. Be careful when using the pins – ask an adult for some help if you need to.
- Take some red wool and tie a knot around one of the pins. Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches of wool at the end, as you will need this later.
- Wrap the wool around each pin, making sure it crosses over the heart in different directions. Try to make sure each pin has been used at least once.
- Wrap the wool around the outside of the heart, then take it back to the pin you started with and tie a knot with the end of the wool that you left.
- Carefully trim the ends of the wool to finish the design.
Try not to pull the string too tight, as you might pull the pins out of the backing.