Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of skin tone self-adhesive felt and turn it upside down. Place your finger on it and draw around your finger to use as a guide. Cut out the shape leaving about 1cm either side of the finger. Then cut out another shape the same size as this.
- Peel off only the very edge of the backing paper on the felt, about half a centimetre around the two sides and the top, leaving the bottom edge. Do this on the other piece of felt and then press them together so they are stuck together around the edges and there is a gap in the middle to place your finger.
- Take a sheet of dark blue felt and cut out a t-shirt shape, wide enough so that it fits the shape you made in step 2. Add some hands with skin colour felt and then stick this to the body of your finger puppet.
- Cut out a circle from a sheet of skin toned felt, making sure it is slightly wider than the finger puppet. Stick it to the top of the finger puppet and then use another coloured piece of felt to make the hair.
- Stick two wiggle eyes onto the face and then either use a black pen to draw a smile underneath, or cut out a mask shape from light blue felt and stick the mask over where the mouth would be.
Use different coloured felt to create different staff uniforms.