Medium - Hard
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the templates and cut out the dinosaurs out of coloured card and the bones out of glow in the dark card.
- Take a black plate and carefully cut out the centre of the plate.
- Punch out 2 holes close together around the circle (see the template for a guide where to place the holes)
- Take a ball of wool (the colour can be your choice) and cut off a long length.
- Stick the end to the back of the plate with tape and weave the thread through the holes like a running stitch, when it comes to the second round loop the thread through the stitch of the first round.
This is the traditional way to weave a dreamcatcher (see instruction printable) however if this is too difficult you can weave it in any way that you like adding glow in the dark beads as you go.
- When you get to the centre tie a knot and trim the end off.
- Stick three lengths of wool to the bottom of your plate and add some beads to each string tying a knot in between so that they don’t slide down.
- Add a dinosaur to the end of each string add a wiggle eye and outline it with glow in the dark glue.
- Stick the bones around your plate and in the gaps on the string to complete your cool glow in the dark dreamcatcher.
If the dreamcatcher is hard to weave you can thread the wool any way you like to make a pretty pattern.