Medium - Hard
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a stone using deco paint pots and decorate with gems or painted designs.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the stone to create a ‘stem’. Make sure the pipe cleaner is twisted as close as possible to the stone to make it more secure.
- Thread approximately 7 green beads onto the pipe cleaner.
- Above these beads wrap one end of another green pipe cleaner around the stem and begin to bend the pipe cleaner into a leaf shape, remember to wrap the end of the leaf shape around the stem, do this for both leaves. To create different sized leaves cut the pipe cleaner to smaller lengths.
- Above the leaves, continue to thread approximately 7 beads on top. Remember to make sure there is approximately 6cm of un-threaded pipe cleaner left at the top.
- For the remaining pipe cleaner (the top of the stem), bend it into an ‘N’ shape to create a rook for the photo to sit in.
- For the flower, bend a pipe cleaner into a flower shape and twist the ends together.
- To position the flower on top of the stem, wrap the end of the stem around the base of the flower, making sure it is tight and secure.
- Print out a photo for the photo stand, approximately 8cm by 7cm, this may vary depending on the flower shape.
- Slot your photo behind the flower, into the rook. You can pinch this together to make the photo more secure.
If the photo stand wobbles because of the pipe cleaner underneath you can glue another piece of pipe cleaner underneath to stop it from wobbling.