Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
30 mins + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Download the template provided then cut around the flip flop shape in your chosen foam colours.
- Paint stripes onto the flip flops using white acrylic paint. Leave to dry then apply a second coat of paint on top. Leave to dry.
- Use the end of a sharp pencil to punch three small holes into each flip flop.
- Cut a white pipe cleaner in half. Take one half and poke the end through the top hole in the flip flop, thread on seven pearl beads then poke the other end through one of the bottom holes in the flip flop. To make sure the pipe cleaners stay put, bend the ends at the back after they have been poked through the holes.
- Repeat step four with the second pipe cleaner half so you have created the flip flops strap.
- Cut out a starfish shape from coloured foam then stick this to the top of the beaded strap.
- Turn the flip flops over, cut some self-adhesive magnetic tape to length then stick to the back of each flip flop.
To make sure the pipe cleaners stay put, bend the ends after they have been poked through the holes in the foam.