Intermediate - Adult Supervision Required
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Choose four colours of wool and a button. Cut a piece of each colour wool 150cms long. Then gather the threads at one end and fold them in half so you have eight threads to work with. Make a loop at the folded point, and pass the button through to indicate where you will need to place a knot. Place your knot and use some sticky tape to attach your knot and loop to a work surface.
- Arrange one of each pair of colour threads to the left and one of each to the right in the opposite order (like a mirror image). Take the thread from the far left and place it between the two sections, to the right of the middle. Now take the matching colour thread from the far right and place it between the two sections, to the left of the middle. Repeat for the next pair of colours and continue for the length of the bracelet.
- Bracelet lengths can be somewhere between 16 and 22cms, so it is best to measure your wrist first. If you don’t have a tape measure, wrap a piece of string your wrist, mark or cut it and then measure that with a ruler.
- When you have finished the length of the bracelet, gather the threads together and tie a knot. Take your button and thread it on with a few pieces of the wool (wet the ends and roll between your fingers to make the wool easier to thread). Pull the button up tightly against the knot, then gather the threads together again and tie them in another knot behind the button. Trim to leave a 1-2cm tail.
- Fasten the bracelet by pushing the button through the loop at the other end.
Wet the ends of the wool and roll between your fingers to make it easier to thread the button.