Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
20-30 mins to prep and bake. 40-50 minutes to cool and decorate.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using an electric whisk or wooden spoon mix together the butter and icing sugar. Then mix in the milk, vanilla extract and flour.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with flour and then roll out the dough. Then take your bird cutter and cut out bird shapes.
- Place the bird shaped dough on to a buttered or grease-proof covered baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool for at least 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Mix together the icing sugar and water, then separate the mixture and add a food colouring to each bowl of icing.
- Once the biscuits have cooled, spread the icing onto each biscuit.
- Once the icing has set, take your edible icing pen and draw on a dot for the bird’s eye.
*These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.*
You could try using alternative cookie cutters and create some other variations of your favourite animals.