Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
30 Minutes + Drying Time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a small paper plate and turn it over so the white side is facing upwards. Then cover it with a coat of red paint. Leave it to dry. Repeat this with another small paper plate and add another coat to both if needed.
- Once the paint is dry, use the gold deco pen to draw the silhouette of a dragon onto the centre of one of the plates.
- Use a black pen to write ‘2024’ above the dragon, and a yellow deco pen to draw lines around the edge of the plate.
- Cut two pieces of yellow wool about 20cm long. Tie a knot in the end of each one and thread some yellow and red beads onto them.
- Take the other paper plate that you painted in step 1 and put double sided tape all the way around the inside edge. Then stick each piece of wool onto either side.
- Stick a yellow wooden craft stick at the bottom and then place the other paper plate over the top. Gently squeeze around the edges to make sure the two plates have stuck together.
If the gold deco pen feels like it is running out of ink, put the lid on and shake it a few times, then press down the nib to release more paint.
Tagged with:Chinese New Year