Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the template onto a sheet of blue pastel paper.
- Take a polystyrene sheet and place a piece of double-sided tape onto each edge of the sheet. Peel off the backing and stick another polystyrene sheet on top.
- Repeat step 2 so that you now have three polystyrene sheets stuck together. Then use the same technique to stick the cupcake template on top.
- Press the sequin pins into the polystyrene at even points around the template, making sure there is a pin in each corner, or wherever two lines meet. The pins should be pushed about two thirds of the way in, so there is enough room left to wrap the wool around it. Be careful when using the pins – ask an adult for some help if you need to.
- Take some yellow wool and tie a knot around one of the pins on at the bottom of the design. Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches of wool at the end, as you will need this later.
- Wrap the wool around each pin in the bottom section of the design, making sure it crosses over in different directions. Try to make sure each pin has been used at least once.
- Wrap the wool around the outside of this section, then take it back to the pin you started with and tie a knot with the end of the wool that you left.
- Repeat steps 5-7 with pink wool in the cake section of the design.
- Repeat steps 5-7 again using red wool in the cherry section of the design.
- Carefully trim the ends of the wool to finish.
Try not to pull the string too tight, as you might pull the pins out of the backing.