Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the template cut 6 strips of green paper (the length of A4 by 2cm), 6 strips of white paper (the length of A4 by 1cm) and 6 black seeds.
- Stick a green strip along both longest sides of the red A4 paper.
- Slightly overlap a white strip on top of both green strips. Repeat steps 2 and 3, you should have 3 sheets of watermelon paper.
- Place the paper landscape and begin to draw faint vertical lines 3cm apart from each other.
- Concertina fold along your vertical lines. When you get to the end, fold in half and stick the edges together using double sided tape to create fan shapes.
- Repeat to create 3 fan shapes.
- Using double-sided tape stick all 3 concertina fans together to create a concertina circle.
- Stick the 5 black seeds to the ridges of the concertina circle. Hot glue can also be used as an alternative.
- Cut a length of ribbon, make a loop, and stick it to the back of the concertina watermelon using sticky tape.
Try this concertina folding technique to create other types of fruits.