Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
30 mins + drying time for glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take three cardboard tubes and cut small tabs into the top ends of each one using scissors.
- Cut approx 1.5cm off the ends of two of the cardboard tubes so are you left with two short tubes and one taller tube.
- Apply glue to the left and right hand sides of the taller tube then stick the two short tubes onto either side. Leave to dry.
- Coat the entire cardboard tube sandcastle in PVA glue then cover in craft sand until you have an even coverage. Leave to dry.
- Cut out a small door shape from brown self-adhesive foam then stick this to the front of the taller tube. Using glue, stick down two small scallop shells onto the short tubes.
- Cut out two small triangles from red self-adhesive foam. Peel the backing off the foam then place a cocktail stick in between the two and stick together. Repeat this step until you have made three flags.
- Use tape to stick the flags to the inside of each cardboard tube.
Coat the entire cardboard tube sandcastle in glue before covering in sand to ensure even coverage.