Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a sheet of yellow paper so that it is long enough to wrap around the cardboard tube and about an inch wider on either side.
- Stick some pieces of double sided tape across the piece of paper. Then place the tube onto the paper and roll it until the whole tube is covered. Fold in the edges of the paper inside the tube.
- Take a sheet of purple card and cut out the shape of the butterfly wings. Use the tube as a guide to make sure you make them the right size.
- Take a yellow pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Then fold it in half and bend the ends over to create the antenna. Stick this to the top of the tube on the inside using tape.
- Stick two wiggle eyes to the front of the tube and use a black pen to draw a mouth underneath.
- Decorate the butterfly’s wings using colourful glitter foam shapes and gem strips.
Use paper rather than card to roll around the tube to prevent it from coming unstuck.