Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the template onto a sheet of yellow pastel paper.
- Then, take a polystyrene sheet and place a strip of double sided tape onto each edge. Peel off the backing of the tape and stick another sheet of polystyrene on top.
- Repeat step 2 so that you now have three polystyrene sheets stuck together. Then use the same technique to stick the cactus template on top.
- Press the sequin pins into the polystyrene at even points around the template, making sure there is a pin in each corner, or wherever two lines meet. The pin should be about two thirds of the way in, so there is enough room left to wrap the wool around it. Be careful when using the pins – ask an adult for some help if you need to.
- Take some green wool and tie a knot around one of the pins on the cactus section of the design. Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches of wool at the end, as you will need this later.
- Wrap the wool around each pin in the cactus section, making sure it crosses over the design in different directions. Try to make sure each pin has been used at least once.
- Wrap the wool around the outside of the cactus section, then take it back to the pin you started with and tie a knot with the end of the wool that you left.
- Repeat steps 5-7 with purple wool in the pot section of the design.
- Repeat steps 5-7 again using pink/red wool in the flower section of the design.
- Trim the ends of the wool to finish the design.
Try not to pull the string too tight, as you might pull the pins out of the backing.