Intermediate - Adult Supervision Required
Time to Make
3 hours + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Blow up a balloon and tie it off.
- Tear some orange tissue paper into strips of about 1 inch across.
- Mix up some PVA and water in equal parts. Paint the Glue onto your balloon in sections and stick on a strip of tissue paper. Repeat over the whole balloon until it has at least 7 layers of paper, pasting with glue in between each layer. Leave to dry overnight.
- To make the bees take two yellow woolly pom-poms and stick them together using strong glue. And let it dry.
- Next wrap a black pipe cleaner around the pompoms to make the stripes.
- Then cut a white pipe cleaner in half and wrap it around the middle and shape it into two little wings.
- Tie a length of elastic to each bee.
- Once your balloon is dry, pop the balloon at the top holding on to the tie and pull it out. Cut the top hole into a bigger circle so you can fill it with sweets or confetti.
- Now cut strips of yellow and white tissue paper and cut frills into the strips. Stick them on in layers from the bottom up and allow to dry.
- Make two holes either side off the cut out circle and use ribbon or string so that you can hang it up.
- Stick the bees onto the hive with tape.
- Use a empty cardboard tube or similar to break the piñata.
Stand the balloon on a cup while you are sticking the tissue on and it won’t roll about.