Time to Make
1 hour plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw around bunting template not forgetting to mark holes on blue, green, yellow and orange card.
- Cut out using either craft knife or scissors and hole punch on markings for holes.
- Draw around watermelon template using dark green, white and red card. Cut out. Stick the pieces together in number order (see template). Draw on the pips using felt pen.
- Do the same for the burger, hotdog and ice cream following template order.
- For the hotdog sauces, cut 2 pieces of cotton string 16cm long. In a paint tray dip one of the strings in a small amount of red acrylic paint & with a paint brush ensure it is totally covered. Lift the string out of the paint & remove excess paint with a paint brush or fingers. Allow to dry. Repeat for other string with yellow paint.
- Brush PVA strong glue on whole of sausage part of hotdog. Stick down the red string in a wavy pattern. Repeat the process for the yellow string. You may have to hold the string down at first, to ensure it sticks before making the wavy pattern.
- Add the details to all food makes, i.e. sesame seeds on burger bun, sprinkles on ice cream.
- For worded bunting, divide space evenly & draw faint lines to lay the foam letters on. Place words so they are central & evenly spaced. When you’re happy with your layout, peel & stick down. Rub out pencil lines.
- On the back of the food makes stick on the foam dots at corners & central points, ensuring they are not too close to the edge. Stick down the food to the bunting pieces.
- Layout the bunting in the order you would like to hang it.
- Cut a piece of cotton string 2.50m & thread through holes.
- Loop at each end & knot to give you hanging loops.
Work on one template at a time, so you don’t mix up pieces. The painted cotton string for the hot dog may be a little stiff after it has been painted and dried, so coil it around your finger to loosen.