Medium - Hard
Time to Make
1 hour + Drying Time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix up a glue solution out of 1/3 PVA to water in a bowl
- Blow up your balloon and be sure to make it big enough to fit on a head.
- Rip your paper or newspaper into strips and begin to layer them all over the balloon with a layer of glue in between each layer, continue over the entire balloon (leaving a hole at the bottom) you will need at least 5 layers but the more you do the stronger it will be.
- Leave this to dry overnight.
- Once completely dry pop the balloon and carefully remove it from the inside.
- Cut the hole at the bottom big enough to be able to put a head in and out easily.
- Then draw an arch shape at the front and cut this out for the face.
- Paint red and let dry.
- Print the pintables off and cut them out.
- Stick the stripe down the middle and the logos on each side. Create a small peak out of cardboard paint it black then glue it to the front.
- Paint a black line around the edge of the helmet.
You can use tissue paper or newspaper in place of printer paper if you like just add more layers.
Tagged with:Fancy Dress