Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
20 minutes + Drying Time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a small section of air dry clay and roll it into a ball in your palms. Then gently flatten it onto a flat surface to create a circle.
- Use smaller pieces of clay to create the King’s face onto the top of the circle, and a skewer/pencil to create some details. Leave to dry overnight.
- Add a coat of gold paint to the clay, leave to dry and then add another coat of paint if needed.
- Take a sheet of red card and cut it into a strip approximately 3cm x 10cm. Then cover one side of the card in double sided tape.
- Cut two strips of blue ribbon, and one strip of red ribbon, so that they are about 2cm shorter than the length of the card. Stick them to the double sided tape to create the stripy pattern.
- Add a blob of PVA glue to the bottom of the card and wait until it starts to go tacky. Then stick the clay medal to the glue and leave to dry.
- Add a self-adhesive badge pin to the back of the card at the top.
Make sure the clay is completely dry before adding the paint, otherwise it may affect the shine.