Time to Make
How to Make
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 170 Fan/ Gas Mark 5
- Cream the butter & sugar together in a bowl until fully mixed.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface, aim for a 1cm thickness.
- Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and place carefully onto a baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave biscuits to harden and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl, stir in water and mix with your chosen food colouring, or separate into different bowls and add different colourings for more variety.
- Spread the icing on the biscuits and add sprinkles as the finishing touch. Set to one side for the icing to harden.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- Food colouring
*These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.*