Time to Make
How to Make
- Paint a ceramic fairy house all over with a base colour and leave to dry. Paint around the top of the pot then fill in the details on the door and flowers and leave to dry. Paint a wooden coaster for the base and leave to dry.
- To make a petal, break off 2 wax squares, knead them into a ball then flatten to make a circle, about 4cm in diameter. Repeat to make 4 or 5 more petals in the same way then press around the curled centre.
- Shape 1 wax square into a leaf by making a flattened circle then squeezing the ends into points. Use the flat end of a modelling toll to press a pattern onto the leaf. Repeat to make more leaves then press onto the base of the rose.
- Gently press the rose onto your work surface to flatten the base.
- Cut a piece of wick 6-7cm in length. Push a cocktail stick into the centre of the rose to make a hole then carefully push the wick inside. Trim the wick if it looks too long.
To make the wax easier to knead and shape, leave it in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to soften, or gently warm the wax on both sides for 15-20 seconds with a hairdryer. To apply more pressure when kneading, hold the wax between your thumb and forefinger with the other hand over the top so the thumbs and fingers are crossing each other. Squeeze the thumb and fingers on top so they press the fingers underneath holding the wax. Shape wax on a piece of greaseproof paper to stop it sticking to your work surface.