- Cut an oval from white card and four 1cm wide strips of red card. (pic a)
- Glue the red strips across the oval to make an eight pointed star and then cut around the shape leaving a 2mm white border around the red stripes. (pic b)
- Glue the star to the centre of a blue card oval to make a Union Jack. Cut a small heart from gold card and fix to the centre. (pic c)
- Glue a small gold heart to the middle of a larger heart shape cut from red or blue card (use our template to draw a heart if you find it difficult).
- Make lots more flags and hearts and punch two holes in the top of each shape.
- Thread a length of pale blue narrow ribbon in and out of the holes in each shape, making a small knot either side of the shapes to hold them in position. (pic d)