- On the rough side of a piece of Magic Shrink plastic, draw back to front, block letters spelling out ‘Dad’. (pic a)
- Carefully cut out each letter with scissors but leave the holes in the centre of each letter intact as this will make them stronger. (pic b)
- Cut a strip of Magic Shrink plastic 3cm by 15cm and draw a border design on the rough side. Punch a hole in one corner and three more along the opposite side. Colour in with fibre tip pens.
- Draw stripes, spots and squiggles on the rough side of the plastic letters using different colours. Punch a hole in the top corner of each letter. (pic c)
- Place the letters and the strip on a baking tray and place in a warm electric oven for a couple of minutes until each one has curled up, shrunk, and flattened out again. Remove them from the oven and place a book on top while they’re still warm to ensure they’re completely flat.
- Attach each letter to the strip with stretchy cord knotted firmly and fit the keyring fob to the extra hole in the strip to finish.