- Cover the lid and base of an oval craft box with two coats of yellow acrylic paint. (pic a)
- To make the tail, cut a ten pence sized circle of orange self-adhesive foam and fix red, orange and yellow feathers to it. (pic b)
- Cut another circle of orange foam and stick over the ends of the feathers. Glue the tail to the base of the box.
- Cut two small wing shapes from orange self-adhesive foam. Stick these onto yellow foam and cut around them leaving a 2mm border. (pic c)
- Make a chicken face on the lid of the box using wiggle-eyes and an orange foam beak.
- Stick the wings on opposite edges of the box lid with PVA glue so the feathery bits come forward. Add a little feathered crown if you like. (pic d)